- Oversee the marketing and advertising of vacancies on media/advert channels to attract potential tenants
- Scout and identify prospective tenants looking to lease a property
- Provide potential tenants with a tour of property or home highlighting the valuable features of the building in order to convince customers and influence lease
- Run background checks on potential tenants to evaluate their credit status and records to determine if they are eligible occupy a building
- Maintain contact with lessees during their tenancy period to oversee their welfare and help resolve property issues
- Oversee the processing and approval of client applications and lease documents
- Elaborate the terms of lease, rental rate and period of payment to tenants
- Guide the activities and operations of a leasing team to ensure revenue goals are achieved
- Organize meetings during which leasing operations are discussed to identify solutions necessary for achieving occupancy targets
- Oversee the hiring and on-the-job training of leasing recruits to bring them up-to-speed on work activities.
- Conduct survey of the property market to obtain information on competing lease rates and other trends that affect occupancy/rent.
- Supervise campaign activities for the publicity of properties available for lease.
- Oversee the designation of leasing staff to appropriate territories.
- Ensure the proper documentation and storage of leasing files.
- Develop and implement policies necessary for improving the profitability and efficiency of a leasing department.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or real estate. Experience (about 4 years) in the field property management is also necessary for this position
Communication Skills: Well versed in communicating with potential tenants to identify their requirements and convince them to rent a property
Customer Service Skills: Exercise appropriate customer care attitude and decorum when conducting leasing operations
Organizational Skills: Effectively organizing the operations of a leasing department to maximize profit and work efficiency.