- Preparing and managing budgets.
- Attracting new tenants through advertising, property viewings, and encouraging referrals.
- Interviewing tenants and running credit checks.
- Setting rental rates, negotiating and enforcing lease agreements.
- Addressing tenant complaints and inspecting vacated units.
- Contracting and supervising repairs and maintenance work.
- Collecting rent, dealing with late payments, and handling operating expenses.
- Maintaining records of income, expenses, signed leases, complaints, maintenance, etc.
- Preparing reports on the financial performance of properties.
- Terminating leases and initiating eviction proceedings.
- implement marketing initiatives to achieve occupancy goals
- manage and control advertising budgets
- advertise and fill vacancies
- obtain referrals from existing tenants
- process applications and follow up with applicants
- promote and show properties to prospective tenants
- interview, qualify and place tenants
- maintain updated availability reports
- keep rental at optimum capacity
- maintain in-depth knowledge of market conditions
- negotiate, prepare and enforce leases
- complete all required paperwork for new tenants
- collect security deposits
- ensure the premises is ready for new occupants
- maintain all statutory required records
- ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- enforce terms of rental agreements
- establish appropriate rental rates by conducting market research, determining costs and considering profit goals
- prepare and distribute monthly statements
- ensure timely payments and collections
- minimize rental arrears
- coordinate default proceedings
- schedule expenditures
- check and pay invoices
- prepare annual budgets
- analyze and correct budget variances
- keep accurate and up-to-date financial records
- prepare weekly and monthly financial reports
- orient new tenants to the property
- investigate and resolve resident complaints and concerns in a timely and efficient manner
- enforce occupancy policies and procedures
- maintain timely communications with residents and tenants
- monitor and complete maintenance and repairs timeously and cost-effectively
- ensure security of premises and maintain security devices
- organize incoming and outgoing inspections and prepare inspection reports
- implement preventative maintenance programs
- oversee capital improvement projects
- negotiate and manage contracts with outside vendors
- hire, train and evaluate property staff
- direct and control all personnel and resources to ensure property is properly maintained and owner objectives met
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Marketing or equivalent experience.
- understanding of financial and accounting principals
- understanding of marketing and customer service principles
- working knowledge of marketing and sales activities
- working knowledge of budgets and financial statements
- working knowledge of contracts and agreements
- working knowledge of building and grounds maintenance
- computer proficiency including MS Office and property management software
- knowledge of relevant local, state and federal legislation and regulations
- Attention to detail
- Data collection and management
- Working knowledge of property regulations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Good customer service skills